Monday, February 23, 2009

Creating Yourself

I believe I’ve covered this story a few years back. The time that I always thought I was looking for myself. Trying to find out who I am and what I will be. Until some advertisement or some quote caught my eyes saying “don’t look for yourself, create yourself” or something like that. Also, my brother always tells me the same thing over and over again. Now, at the age of thirty, I’m still in the same state of “looking for myself”.

What stops me from creating myself anyway? Why can’t I be who I “want” to be? What is drawing me back? Perhaps one reason I can’t create myself is because I “want” to know so many at so little time. I “want” to be a jack of all trades in a short span of time which is quite impossible since I don’t have the time to learn everything. That goes down to the second reason, time. As a working guy I almost don’t have the time to create myself due to too much work. Even the two rest days seem to be not enough (I must admit I am a lazy guy). I’d spend my rest days sleeping, netsurfing or playing PC games (awful for someone trying to create himself huh). Lastly, but not the least is money. Money is power on its own. If I “want” to be a businessman I’ll need money. If I “want” to be a photographer I’ll need money. The list goes on and on with one thing in common, money. Then again, haven’t I learned anything when Kiyosaki said that you don’t need money to become successful?

Creating oneself is never an easy task especially if one is reaching for the stars. Maybe what I “want” to be is not what will create me, maybe what I “need” to be is what matters. Okay, so what is it that I “need” to be anyway? Here we go again. Good luck to my self creation, lol.